Monday, January 11, 2016

Christmas Again

I just want to start out by saying thank you for the package that you sent. My comp and I got our Christmas packages on the same day so we had Christmas again and opened them.... it was almost more fun than opening them on Christmas. Thank you so much. I loved reading your testimonies and I about died when I opened the envelope with the Christmas stories. My favorite one is the one about the boy who plays the innkeeper in a town pageant and tells Joseph and Mary that they can have his room instead of sending them away. It's just always touched my heart and I read it outloud to my companion. When I read it I heard my moms voice instead of mine. God knows us and loves us and knows how to comfort us during hard times. I testify of that. I loved the simple, heart-felt testimonies that everyone sent.

This week was a normal proselyting week. The only big news is still the negritos dancing in the street... Peruvian traditions are fantastic. Actually speaking of Negritos. The elders, us and our ward mission leader had mission correlation on saturday and when we came out there was a group of negritos dancing outside of the chapel. There was one part of the song where some of the people dressed up went and took some of the people watching and danced with them. The elders jokingly told us we should leave the gated chapel and go out because everyone wants to take a gringa out to dance... we stayed inside and waited until everyone was distracted and then we ran to our next appointment.

I'll just share some spiritual moments with you all.

Sunday was the last sunday of Jimena, a missionary going to Argentina. The relief society was planning a farewell for her and when Jimena left to go talk to the bishop we practed a song. In english it's called "In the Hallow of thy Hand" and it talks about a mom sending her child off to the mission and asking God to protect them. It was very special to listen and watch everyone in the relief society singing and crying.

We also had a lesson with a new investigator and she told us she didn't feel worthy to pray. We said a prayer with her right then and there. We kneeled down with her and it was very special to hear her plead with our Heavenly Father for forgiveness. We can only hope that she realized that the gospel really can help her.

I love you all and pray for you daily.



All the changes in the ward and with the people I know are insane....It'll be a different world when I go back.

Love,
Herman White


PS

President just called me and I'll be serving as a sister leader this next cambio with Hermana Quelca from Bolivia in Huancayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment