Monday, February 22, 2016

chickens and octipus and such

It's amazing the different things that you can learn in the mission. This week, for example, I learned how to kill chickens. I could describe it in detail if you want because my pension's husband and his mom killed the chickens in the kitchen right in front of us.... but I won't.

Also, the elders called us fat because their pension invited us to a seafood soup (with octipus and squid and crab and shrimp... it was delicious by the way) and the then we had to eat at our pension because she had already cooked something. 

We've been working incredibly hard and there are so many people preparing for baptisms in this area. My companion and I are hoping to stay together so that we can be here for them. We love this area and these people so much. Yesterday we helped our pensionista in a primary Faith in God program welcoming for all the parents and their kids and it just felt like my ward. It's amazing how much you can love these people.

Also, sometimes I get really excited about personal study. The other day I started freaking out about justice and mercy. It's amazing. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much. Justice is what gives us consuquences when we make decisions (good or bad). Mercy is what gives us the opportunity to repent. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much that we have justice when we do good (He's bound to give us blessings) and mercy when we do something wrong. I'm probably not explaining this super clearly because I'm translating from spanish to english.... but study it, it's beautiful.

We find out transfers tomorrow night so I'll let you know what happens next week!

My prayers are always being sent up north to you all. I love you so much!

Love, Hermana White

No comments:

Post a Comment