Monday, August 10, 2015

Tacos


Last Pday our district got together and we made tacos! You'd think living in Texas I'd know a little bit about tacos (but we're so spoiled in the US that we can just buy packets of taco seasoning). Luckily there's a sister from Uruguay in our district who'd made tacos before. We made the meat with oregano and onions and tomatoes and it was the best taco meat I've ever tasted. Also, we know how to make tortillas now :)

Tuesday my companion and I had 8 lessons with a member. Erik is waiting for his mission call and is probably the most excited future missionary I've ever seen. He participated in lessons and everything. He was exhausted by the end of the day. It's cool to see that I was super tired at the beginning of the mission and now I can walk for a whole day straight and.... nope, I'm still exhausted. I'm just used to it.

Hermana Pizzuri and I have had problems with working with our ward. There's just not a good connection between us and the ward members. We took the bishop and his wife out to dinner... and immediately the next day we saw a difference. The bishop asked us to help him push his car and actually let us borrow the keys to the chapel. (and then he asked us the speak in church).

Now our Sunday adventure. We went and visited a recent convert and her recently reactivated husband. They're really great friends with the missionaries and have goals for the temple and everything! Anyway, we were leaving and my comp fell down the stairs. I called the elders (one of them is a gringo and I'm pretty sure an Eagle scout because he first told me to just tell my comp to drink some water) they told her to take some ibuprofen and rest until the next day. We had a lesson with Alex and Nain that we really needed to go to because they have a baptism date so we had to find divisions within a half hour. We called one sister who is preparing to leave on her mission to stay with my comp in our room and then we had the hardest time finding someone to do divisions with me. We called everyone and then we said, well lets call Diana one more time. We were able to do divisions and succesfully teach Nain and Alex. They're so awesome :)

I love you all :)

Love, Hermana White

PS: 6 months!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment