Monday, August 3, 2015

Cambios - Part 2

Well, it's that time again... we've had cambios in the mission. Since I killed my old companion I knew that I was going to be staying in my area. My new companion has only two cambios left in the mission...it seems I'm destined to be with people who are dying. I'm just going to end up killing everyone. 

My new companion is Hermana Pizzuri. She's from Iquitos, Peru (the deep jungle... like where they eat pirhanas). Fun fact, in her family there are 8 kids and she's the ony girl. Basically it's destiny.

I don't think I realize how much spanish i've learned in the mission but right now as I'm writing this, I realize that I am living with someone from the amazon jungle... and we communicate just fine. The gift of tongues is real everyone.

In other news, we're teaching a family that just kindof showed up at church one day. They're a young family with a 6 month old baby. The husband (Alex), his mom was a member but she passed away about two years ago and left some books on the shelf....the wife (Nain) and Alex decided to read them one day and then decided that they needed to go to church. We had our first lesson with them and Alex asked us what a person needs to do to be baptized. Well, we can help with that :) They accepted a baptism date right there and now we're just going to be finishing the other lessons and helping them progress. Gah! It's so awesome.

Well, everything's good, my comp's awesome, I pray for you every day.

I love you all!!!

Love, Hermana White

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! That story gave me some goosebumps. You are truly an angel spreading the truth. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete