Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Clear Mind and Poetry

Tara has surprised us with several poems. It has been quite a while since she has really written them, so receiving the poems has been a real treat for us. We asked her why the sudden flow of creativity, this is what she said.
I've really found that my mind has been able to open up so much these past weeks. It's an incredible feeling.
This week we received two (both without titles).

Poem 1
I've lost myself
I'm not my own
another person
owns my soul

I've got my will
but not my name
My spirit is stronger
though my body's the same

How can this be?
I'll tell you how
I'm not my own
I'm the Lord's vessel now

Poem 2
You've got a little piece of heaven in your eyes
Look at the explosions of color that match those of the stars
How could you not believe that you are part of something greater
There's a light that shines, a bright intelligence that shimmers

You've got a little piece of heaven in your eyes
through these windows you can see your beautiful soul
you've got so much potential, so much room to grow
reach for the stars for among them is where you belong

You've got a little piece of heaven in your eyes
Look through them and see the greater perspective, the wider view
See your spiritual story, your beginning and your happily ever after
Know that you're heaven sent, a little piece of heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment