Monday, March 30, 2015

I Go Swimming...



Who knew you could go swimming on your mission right??? I mean seriously.... isn't that against the rules?
Well let me tell you, out of the many zones in this mission there are two zones in the jungle (the amazon jungle if you were wondering, that's THE AMAZON) Out of the 6 possible trainers for the 6 new greenies 4 were in Huancayo, 1 was in Huanuco and 1 was training in La Merced (AKA the jungle) So I had like a 5 in 6 chance to be cold and pull out my coat right? Well, just in case you didn't know, God has a sense of humor, a hilarious one in fact. So just in case you couldn't guess I am currently serving in the Jungle... and swimming in sweat.

Also, tears, swimming in tears. Because that general women's conference did not take into account the fact that there are missionaries currently away from their families. Of the four sister missionaries in our little room in the chapel with our english television.... The quote of the night was "that was stupid" (of course not really stupid, it was a fantastic conference, but still)

I'm loving the mission. My trainer is fantastic! Her name is hermana johnson, from Idaho. She has 14 months in the mission and she is the most patient, happy person I've ever met. She's great! The first thing we did when we got to the area was go to a fair that sells basically everything to purchase short sleeved shirts for this poor sister (me) who packed the andes not the amazon. The people here are so amazing. The ward is super great. They had me share my testimony yesterday in sacrament meeting and it wasn't even scary. 

I love you all so much!

Love, Hermana Blanca

No comments:

Post a Comment