Monday, May 25, 2015

Chupetes

Maracuya or Passion Fruit

Chupetes de Maracuya
My companion and I have a crazy obsession with frozen fruit flavored sugar water.... aka chupetes. Last monday was a multizone pday. In the morning my companion and I went over to a ward members house and made chupetes de maracuya. You literally blend up maracuya, mix it with water add so much sugar it makes koolaid look like a diet drink, put it in little plastic bags, tie them and freeze them. We made like 40.... they didn't freeze in time for the multizone pday.... so we kept them in our freezer and have been gradually eating all of them this week.

We also made chupetes de coco and chupetes de cocoa with our pensionista. For those you take coconut and milk and sugar and water (or cocoa powder, milk, sugar and water depending on the flavor) and freeze them. They're like jungle creamies. Oh, yes, did I mention, coco means coconut and they're delicious.

For zone pday we played minute to win it games. Picture 16 missionaries, ages 18 to about 25 playing in the chapel. It was hilarious and a blast. One of the games was bobbing for apples and basically my companion and I are champs at that. There are 4 areas in our zone, 2 elders and 2 sisters in each so we had 4 buckets and had a contest between us. Our area won twice :)

This week has been awesome. As missionaries we also help reactivate, or rescue, less actives. This week we rescued a less active and her eight year old son was baptized :) It was so precious. He was afraid of the water but he suddenly had a burst of courage and just like walked right in. It was a beautiful baptism :)

I love you all and I pray for you constantly! Enjoy all that rain :)

Love, Hermana Blanca

No comments:

Post a Comment