We had a wonderful time speaking with Hermana Blanca tonight. Here are some of the highlights from the conversation.
- She has a second mother who takes very good care of her. Her name is Hermana Johnson.
- She lives in the bottom floor of a concrete 3 story building. The room itself is very small, and has one bathroom slightly larger than a trailer bathroom. She does have a good bed, though, which is very important.
- Transfers left her in the same area with her same companion. She is happy about this because she refers to La Merced as the Garden of Eden. It is in a valley surrounded by beautiful rolling green hills.
- Recently they had a multi-zone conference. They were all able to go visit a gorgeous water fall. We saw a picture of this as her companion held the phone up to the computer camera...
- Her and her companion are being very successful. They have had one baptism, another family will be baptized soon, and they are teaching many others.
- She is concerned about all of the food that they feed her. They feed her Scott Meager portions (for those who know Scott), and she is expected to finish it all. They have convinced their pensionista to feed them cereal for dinner to help with the huge amounts of food. She has recently had eggs with hotdogs or noodles, and chifa, which is a fusion of Peruvian and Chinese food.
- We asked her to say a family prayer. Half way through the prayer she switched to Spanish. Apparently English is no longer her first language. Does this maker her a native?