Monday, June 15, 2015

The Bad News Is, She's Got A Cold

Except it's not called a cold it's called "the gripe" it sounds like a monster... probably because it is. My poor companion was stuck in our room with me all monday and tuesday. I, however, was asleep and crying (not really, my eyes just decided to pretend to be waterfalls). Wednesday we got out of the house and were able to teach some people before I crashed. We call our district leader on wednesdays to give numbers and it came out that I was sick. Not 5 minutes later we got a call from the elders in our ward, one of which was the old health secretary. He told me to take a certain purple pill (amoxicilin, it's in our botequin and you need permission to use anything in there) and go to sleep... and I woke up like new the next day.

Thursday we had a zone meeting in Villa Rica. It's a little city about an hour away from la Merced. There's a city called Oxapampa out somewhere in that direction as well which is a was a German refugee settlement so there's a lot of German influence out there. I actually saw a wooden house with a normal roof on it. It was actually really weird. The zone meeting was super good. Our zone leaders did an example where they held a broom stick close to the floor and told an elder to jump over it. Then they asked the elder to just as high as he could. The zone leaders asked him: If you can jump that high why did you only jump high enough to barely make it over the broom stick? If you can do so much more why do you only go as high as the bar that is set for you? 
It was really cool hearing them talk about our potential and it just really hit me that I can work even harder.
Friday night we had a fire pit with the ward and a bunch of our investigators came. It was super awesome! We taught Peruvians what roasted marshmallows were and we sang hymns and everyone just talked. It was super cool.
Missionary work is hard. It tests you both physically and spiritually. Satan is working against you in all directions. He knows that you are a servant of the Lord, but so does our Heavenly Father and he'll let us stumble but he won't let us fall. I am so grateful for the atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I have become so much closer through prayer and fasting to our Heavenly Father than ever before in my life. I've realised how much I need to improve but I've also come to a better knowledge of the grace of God. Yea, we're not perfect. We don't have to be, we physically can't be, we just have to be perfecting and if we're trying our hardest, the rest will be made up for us. In the words of Lowe's: never stop improving.
I love you all so much!
Love, Hermana White
PS: I got both packages. Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment