Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas

Well Christmas has come and gone but it was a blast while it was here.

December 22: we had a multizone pday (aka, 100 missionaries at the same chapel trying to claim court space to play soccer, volleyball and capture the flag all at the same time) It was super fun :)

December 23: we had a ward activity and everybody sang Christmas songs and ate fruit cake and turkey. They asked my companion and I to sing as well so we sang Oh Come all ye Faithful in spanish and english.`

December 24: Christmas Eve. In the morning we went over to a members house and helped them set up and decorate their Christmas tree. There and three sisters and their mom in this family and it was very special to spend time with them. We weren't able to visit to many people but all the missionaries in Huanuco got together, wrapped copies of the Book of Mormon and then went to the Plaza and sang Christmas songs and handed them out to people walking by that were interested. It was a very special experience. We also got up at midnight for 10 minutes to watch the fireworks. 



December 25: Christmas!!! In the morning we opened presents between the two of us (well, four of us, our neighbors were there too). We were able to eat lunch with some members and then we skyped our families! It was so nice to see my family and talk to them for the first time in almost 8 months. I could not have asked for a better Christmas present.

Also, this week we held a turtle.



I love the people here. They have become part of my family. I truly know that this is the work of God. I know He loves us and that is why He sent His Son. I am so grateful for the greatest gift ever given. I know that Christ lives.

I love you all!!!!

Love; Hermana White

Also, packages are getting through now

Also, next time I write... I'll be 20

No comments:

Post a Comment